Thursday 18 March 2010

365 Challenge – Days 24-27 : 15-18 March 2010

Another four days on the road. First night (Monday 15) was yet another late arrival at the Park Royal, but the bathroom came up trumps with this one. Quite like shooting in hotel bathrooms (sounds like a Psycho remake) because all the white tiles make for more uniform lighting. This one shows the distortion you get with an ultra wide angle – if you’re in to photo geekery.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
On the second night we moved to the rather pleasant Lowry Hotel in the middle on Manchester for a big two–day meeting. Just love city architecture, and the Lowry has some really interesting stuff quite nearby – like this bridge over the River Irwell. Wished I brought my proper tripod with me as photographing in light this low is always a challenge with just a monopod.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The first full day of the meeting finished early enough for me to get out in the evening light  and have a go at catching the spirit of the odd-shaped building in the top left of the previous photo. I shall have to find out why it was built like this:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And finally home again (18th March). As I wore a collar and tie for most of the conference I thought I’d celebrate this unusual feat with a picture of one of my ties.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
So there we are. Back on blogging schedule – with the first month of the challenge in my sights.

No comments: