Thursday 16 June 2011

1000/481: 16 June 2011: Birthday Lunch

Took a half day today to celebrate my birthday with Marion. After dropping Naomi at school for her last GCSE we headed into Dalston and The Blue Bell. Good Decision.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I have 'memorable steaks'. There was one in Northern ireland about 20 years ago, another at the Craggs Tea-room about 10 years ago and I now have a new contender for my top slot. The 'Bistro steak fillet' was melt-in-the-mouth fabulous - it looked gorgeous and tasted better still.

As Marion also had the steak I can't comment on the other dishes, but if they're half as good I say "Go there tomorrow".

As is the way with these things I'd already started to eat this when I thought it would make a nice photo - so a bit of clever composition and cropping was required. I think I've done it justice, which is good.

No comments: